News & Events
TAI CHI FOR ARTHRITIS
Classes will meet twice a week on Mondays & Wednesdays for 8 weeks (16 one-hour classes)
What is Tai Chi for Arthritis?
Tai Chi for Arthritis utilizes Tai Chi's Sun style for its ability to improve relaxation, balance and its ease of use for older adults. Tai Chi for Arthritis is led by a certified instructor, with each session including the following:
- Warm-up and cool-down exercises
- One or two movements per lesson, progressively leading to completing the six basic core movements and six advanced extension movements
- Breathing techniques
- Tai Chi principles including those relating to improving physical and mental balance
What are the Benefits?
- Increase strength, balance and posture
- Prevent falls
- Improve mind, body and spirit
- Reduce stress and increase relaxation
Movements can be modified to accommodate mobility issues for any participant and can be done seated as a starting exercise.
This FREE evidence-based program is offered as part of the NYS Department of Health Older Adult Fall Prevention Program and is supported by funds from Title III D of the Older American's Act and other state and local funding.
Click on the picture below for more information on Unadilla Location.