Self Management/Living Well
Take Control of your Condition: Start Living Well Today!
Sign Up today for one of our LIving Well sessions.
For more information
you may call 607-547-3948, email
Living Well with a Chronic Condition
Living Well with a Chronic Condition is a free interactive 7-week workshop series that meets once a week for 2.5 hours to help people with chronic conditions such as diabetes, breathing problems, depression, anxiety, heart conditions, and arthritis.
- Gain support from peers that have similar conditions
- Identify stressors and learn new coping skills
- Learn better ways to talk to your family, friends, and healthcare professionals
- Find practical ways to deal with pain and fatigue
- Discuss ways to maintain and improve strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Set your own goals and make a step-by-step plan to improve your health and life
Living Well with Diabetes
Living Well with Diabetes is a workshop that will help you take control of your diabetes rather than letting it control you! Get more out of life by attending this free 2.5-hour workshop one time per week for 7 weeks. You will learn how to:
- Manage symptoms
- Communicate effectively with your doctor and other healthcare professionals
- Lessen your frustration
- Fight fatigue and pain
- Eat healthier and read nutrition labels
- Keep your blood sugar in check
- Make daily tasks easier
- AND…get more out of life!
Walk with Ease
Learn how to safely make physical activity part of your everyday life.
Walk with Ease is proven to
- Reduce the pain and discomfort of arthritis
- Increase balance, strength and walking pace
- Build confidence in your ability to be physically active
- Improve overall health
This program is offered as a self-guided course or in a community setting.
Living Well with Chronic Pain
Living Well with Chronic Pain is a FREE 7-week workshop series that meets once a week for 2.5 hours. People living with chronic pain will:
- Gain support from others
- Learn how to manage chronic pain symptoms
- Set goals and problem solve
- Exercise safely
- Identify ways to cope with difficult emotions
- Discuss ways to talk to doctors, family, and friends about your needs
Tai-Chi for Arthritis and Falls Prevention
Offered in Montgomery County. Tai chi is an evidence-based practice to improve balance and help prevent falls. It also provides relief from arthritis.
To find out more information about how the evidence-based practice can help you feel less pain, increase your range of motion, and improve balance, contact Montgomery County Public Health: 518-853-3531
|Classes will be held at the||Classes will be held at the|
|Palatine Nursing Home||Annex Building|
|154 Lafayette St.||20 Parks St. Fonda,|
|Palatine Bridge, NY||Room 111|
|Fridays, 10:30-11:30 a.m.||Wednesdays 10-11 a.m.|
|2018 Class Dates:||2018 Class Dates:|
|September 21||October 3|
|September 28||October 10|
|October 5||October 17|
|October 12||October 24|
|October 19||October 31|
|October 26||November 7|
ALL Classes are Free of Charge